Mrs. Duffee Seated on a Striped Sofa, Reading

Mrs. Duffee Seated on a Striped Sofa, Reading
Mary Cassatt, 1876

Thursday, August 21, 2008

A busy summer

As a new school year begins and another summer comes to an end, I thought now would be an appropriate time to reflect on (or at least list) some of the events of the past few months. I created this blog about four months ago, and have yet to make another post until now, so there is quite a bit to get caught up on!
Some fun things that we did this summer:
• attended Brian's friend Nikki's wedding in Prescott, Arizona
• drove to Austin to celebrate the Fourth of July with Brian's friends, Scott and Katie
• met Colleen and Olivier's new baby girl, Elodie Claire Currat, and got to spend some time with Colleen
• meanwhile I taught summer school
• traveled to Fort Worth to go to Brian's friend Mitchell's wedding to Katie. Brian was the best man
• spent time with Brian's family while we were in Texas
• three days later I flew to Las Vegas with Jenny and Kelly, two friends I teach with, for a girls' weekend. I learned to love Blackjack

Some momentous events that took place this summer:
• April and Josh got engaged! Their wedding will be January 3rd
• we learned that Hayley is pregnant with their third baby, due in December. Ondrea (Brian's sister) is also pregnant with their third baby, a boy, due in November
• lost my Chanel sunglasses at a wedding, discovered the Chanel sunglasses were stolen because they were returned! after being worn! and stretched out! but, at least I got them back
• Ter got married to Jeff Schurz. We met her step-son, Cade, and spent some time with them at Dave and Buster's
• I had my ten year high school reunion! It's crazy, but the consensus was that everyone looks better ten years later... except some of the guys!
• I began studying for my MA exam, which is in November. Look at the list of what I'm currently reading (if you care to!). Luckily, I'm sure it will fly by

No comments: